In this article, we have featured Shiv Nadar Net Worth
- A pioneer in the field of information technology in India, Shiv Nadar co-founded HCL in a garage in 1976 in order to manufacture calculators and microprocessors.
- His HCL Technologies is now one of India’s leading software service providers, and it brought in revenue of $11.2 billion last year.
- In July of 2020, he handed over the chairmanship of HCL Technologies to his daughter, Roshni Nadar Malhotra, after announcing his intention to step down from the role. He has since been promoted to the position of chairman emeritus and strategic advisor.
- HCL Technologies hires high school graduates and provides them with on-the-job training when they join the company’s workforce of 198,000 individuals spread across 52 countries.
- The Shiv Nadar Foundation, which supports causes relating to education and received a donation of $662 million from Nadar, who is one of the most prominent philanthropists in India,
Table of Contents
Shiv Nadar Net Worth
Shiv Nadar It is estimated that their current net worth is somewhere in the neighborhood of $28.7 billion (or 2,870 crores USD) (Rs. 2.09 Lakhs Crores).
Together with his family, Shiv Nadar controls sixty percent of the Indian software developers known as HCL Technologies. In addition, the family holds a fifty percent stake in the computer manufacturing and services company HCL Infosystems.
Even though he is the chairman of the company, he gets credit for all of his family’s shares in the company.
In addition, the Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, which is run by his wife and located in New Delhi, contains a number of paintings that have a combined value of more than $85 million.
A pioneer in the field of information technology in India, Shiv Nadar co-founded HCL in a garage in 1976 in order to manufacture calculators and microprocessors.
His HCL Technologies is now one of India’s leading software service providers, and it brought in revenue of $11.2 billion last year.
In July of 2020, he handed over the chairmanship of HCL Technologies to his daughter, Roshni Nadar Malhotra, after announcing his intention to step down from the role. He has since been promoted to the position of chairman emeritus and strategic advisor.
HCL Technologies hires high school graduates and provides them with on-the-job training when they join the company’s workforce of 198,000 individuals spread across 52 countries.
The Shiv Nadar Foundation, which supports causes relating to education and received a donation of $662 million from Nadar, who is one of the most prominent philanthropists in India,
Shiv Nadar Biography
He is the founder and chairman emeritus of HCL Technologies Limited as well as the Shiv Nadar Foundation. Shiv Nadar is an Indian industrialist who is worth a billion dollars.
In the year 1945, he was born in the village of Moolaipozhi, which is located in the Thoothukudi district of Tamil Nadu, India. He comes from a family that is considered to be upper middle class.
His mother Vamasundari Devi was the sister of S. P. Adithanar, the founder of the Dina Thanthi newspaper. His father’s name was Sivasubramaniya Nadar, and his mother’s name was Vamasundari Devi.
He graduated from Town Higher Secondary School in Kumbakonam, where he had attended all of his schoolings. After some time had passed, he was accepted into the Elango Corporation Higher Secondary School in Madurai.
It was in June 1995 when he was accepted into the sixth class at Town High School, where he was enrolled all the way through June 1997. After that, when he was ready to continue his study, he enrolled in the St. Joseph Boys Higher Secondary School in Trichy.
Both a pre-university degree and an associate’s degree in electrical engineering were awarded to him by the American College in Madurai, where he attended before attending PSG College of Technology in Coimbatore.
Nadar has a daughter with his wife, Kiran Nadar, who is also an art collector. The couple got married. Roshni Nadar, his daughter, is currently serving as the chairperson of HCL Technologies Limited and is responsible for managing and directing the operations of the company.
More ABout Shiv Nadar Biography
Shiv Nadar is an Indian IT tycoon who has accumulated a net worth of $25 billion over the course of his career.
Shiv Nadar, the company’s founder, and chairman is responsible for HCL’s transformation from an IT hardware company into an IT Enterprise over the course of the past three decades. He did this by continually shifting the emphasis of HCL’s operations.
HCL was established in the middle of the 1970s, and in 1980 it entered the international market by launching a hardware vendor known as Far East Computers in the city-state of Singapore.
The information technology company HCL now has operations in more than 15 nations throughout the globe as of today.
In addition to HCL, he is the chairman of the Shiv Nadar Foundation, which was established in the middle of the 1990s and has as its primary mission the improvement of the educational system in India.
In recognition of Nadar’s contributions to the field of information technology, the Padma Bhushan award was bestowed upon him in the year 2008.
Magus, which comes from the Old Persian word for a wizard, was a nickname given to Nadar by his close circle of friends. In 2007, Ernst & Young named Nadar Entrepreneur of the Year.
Concerning his personal life, he is a married man with a single child. While his wife runs an art gallery inside a renowned shopping mall in Delhi, his daughter Roshni is in charge of the humanitarian arm of the family that founded two schools.
Nadar attended Kumbakonam’s Town Higher Secondary School when he was a senior in high school. Another school that he went to while he was younger was the Elango Corporation Higher Secondary School, which is located in Madurai.
It was in June of 1955 when he was given admission to the Town High School’s inaugural class, and he remained there all the way through June 1957.
He went on to complete his secondary education at St. Joseph Boys Higher Secondary School in Trichy, from where he graduated with his high school diploma.
Both the American College in Madurai, where he received his diploma in pre-university studies, and the PSG College of Technology in Coimbatore, where he received his diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, awarded Nadar with their respective diplomas.
Conclusion: Shiv Nadar Net Worth
- Back in 2008, the Indian government recognized Nadar for his contributions to the information technology industry by bestowing upon him the Padma Bhushan, the nation’s third-highest civilian accolade.
- 2007 marked the year when Madras University bestowed upon him an honorary degree.
- In 2007, Shiv Nadar was honored with the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
- He was recognized by Forbes as one of the 48 Heroes of Philanthropy in the Asia Pacific region in the year 2011.
- According to research that was published in India Today magazine in April of 2017, Nadar was ranked as the 16th most powerful person in India for the year 2017.
- Shiv Nadar has contributed more than one billion dollars to various philanthropic organisations through his donations.