How many blog posts are posted each day?
Well, the concept of online blogging first surfaced in 1994. Swarthmore College student Justin Hall made “Links.net” and referred to it as his “personal home page.”
On the internet, there are more than 600 million blogs, and in 2022, there will be more than 7.5 million blog posts published every day.
Statistics show that companies with blog support receive up to 55% more customers. Since 97% of blogs that are attached to websites drive inbound traffic, the majority of business websites have blogs.
About 60% of internet users are thought to enjoy reading blogs.
Facts on Blog Posts 2022
- 70 million new posts are added to WordPress blogs.
- The United States is home to 30% of all bloggers worldwide, with over 2 million bloggers.
- There were over 104 million bloggers worldwide in total.
- Other countries with a sizable percentage of global bloggers include the United Kingdom (75% and 4.88%, respectively).
- Bloggers are almost evenly divided by gender, with 1% male and 50.9% female.
- 3% of bloggers are between the ages of 21 and 35.
- Return on investment (ROI) is 13 times higher for businesses that blog regularly than for those that don’t.
- Every day, about 7.5 million new blogs are made.
- In 2022, WordPress will be used on more than 455 million websites.
- Up to 2.9 million people look for WordPress every month.
- In 1994, when the Internet was just getting started, the first blogs appeared. There were 173 million blogs online at the end of 2011. In 2018, there were 504 million of them (source: Statista).
More Amazing Facts on Blogging
1. Video blogs will continue to grow in popularity.
As broadband speeds continue to increase and more people have access to high-speed internet, it’s no surprise that video blogs (or “vlogs”) are on the rise. In fact, according to a recent study, 78% of internet users say they watch vlogs regularly. And with platforms like YouTube making it easier than ever to create and share videos, this trend is only going to continue.
2. Micro-blogging will become more popular.
With the rise of social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram, it’s no surprise that micro-blogging is on the rise. These platforms make it easy to share short snippets of text, photos, and videos with a wide audience. And as more people use these platforms to consume news and information, it’s likely that micro-blogging will only become more popular in the years to come.
3. Blogs will become more interactive.
As technology continues to evolve, so too will the way we interact with blogs. We’re already seeing this trend with the rise of interactive features like polls and quizzes. But in the future, we’ll likely see even more innovative ways for bloggers to engage with their readership. For example, we might see blogs that use virtual reality or augmented reality to give readers a more immersive experience.
4. Bloggers will become more diverse.
One of the great things about blogging is that anyone can do it. You don’t need any special skills or training—all you need is something to say! This has led to a surge in popularity among diverse groups of people who might not otherwise have had a platform to share their thoughts and experiences.0
In the future, we’ll likely see an even greater diversity among bloggers as more people from all walks of life embrace this form of self-expression.
5. Blogging will become more mainstream.
As blogging continues to grow in popularity, it’s also becoming more mainstream. A recent study found that nearly 60% of Americans now read blogs on a regular basis. This number is only going to increase as time goes on and more people discover the joys of reading (and writing) blogs!
These are just a few predictions for what the world of blogging might look like in 2022 but one thing is for sure—it’s going to be an exciting time for both bloggers and blog readers alike! So get ready for some big changes in the world of blogging over the next few years!
Also Read: Best WordPress Statistics and Facts 2022