In this article we have featured Craigslist Statistics the Classified ad website Craigslist is one of the most well-known on the internet. It serves as a central location for a variety of useful features, including discussion forums, job postings, volunteer opportunities, wanted ads, and more.
Established by Craig Newmark in 1995, this web-based platform now serves millions of users in more than 70 countries across the world. Craig Newmark founded it. There are numerous freelancers, such as photographers, who use it to identify the best and cheapest ways to develop a competitive portfolio.
Finding freelance work on Craigslist is easy whether you’re looking for short-term or long-term assignments. To see these listings, users must go to the platform’s job board.
Craigslist is a go-to source for many independent contractors because it is completely free for anyone looking for work. Using Craigslist to locate a job will not cost you a penny. User-friendly and tailored user experiences are also provided by the platform.
For freelancers and job seekers, Craigslist Statistics are available.
See how important this freelancing platform will be in 2022 from the perspective of job searchers looking for lucrative work by looking at key Craigslist stats.
1. Craigslist receives 250.6 million monthly views, according to research conducted in March 2022.
2. More than 250 million internet users browse Craigslist every month, according to the most recent data. The average time spent on the site by a visitor is 14 minutes.
3. The United States accounts for 75.81 percent of all traffic to Craigslist.
4. Craigslist has over 700 local websites to its name. More than 700 local websites are hosted on the Craigslist platform.
(Craigslist.org as a source)
5. You can use 14 different languages to search for items on Craigslist’s website.
6. Craigslist is currently available in 14 different languages, according to current research.
7. According to Alexa, the most popular website in the United States, 39th place goes to Craigslist.
This website is one of the most frequented in the United States along with Worldstar and Fox News. Twitch (40th) and Etsy (41st) round out the top five (41st).
8. Craigslist users publish almost 80 million classified ads each month, according to a recent report.
9. Craigslist’s ad posting fees range from as little as $3 to as much as $75, making it one of the most cost-effective places to advertise. More than 80 million classified ads are put up each month as a result of this.
10. In just 10 years, newspaper classified ad revenues dropped 77 percent as a result of Craigslist.
11. It’s no surprise that Craigslist has contributed to the demise of traditional media such as newspapers and classified ads. Sobering, then, how dramatic that was.
12. For daily newspapers, classified ad income topped out at $20 billion in 2000. Just $4.6 billion was spent on advertising classifieds in 2012, a 77% decrease. Although Craigslist began charging for job postings in 2004, it compensated for this cost with a free “gigs” section. During this time, the majority of Craigslist classified advertising was free of charge.
13. Referring to domains and backlinks, Check to see what your competitors are doing in terms of link building and see what possibilities they are missing by analyzing their backlink profile expansion. In June, the number of craigslist.org backlinks decreased by -1.3 percent to 172.7 million. Referring domains now total 135.2K, a decrease of -0.2%.
14. Craigslist is the 7th most visited website in the United States, which gives you an idea of its ubiquity.
15. It’s also the 33rd most popular website on the earth, with more than 700 local Craigslist sites in 70 countries.
16. Although the majority of users use English, the site also provides translations into Spanish and Catalan in addition to the other major European languages.
17. While many assume that Craigslist must have a Google-like infrastructure and staff, the company has less than 40 workers and operated out of a Victorian home in San Francisco’s Sunset district (1381 9th Ave.) until 2010.
18. This year, the company negotiated a six-year sublease for more than 14,000 square feet of office space at 222 Sutter Street in San Francisco to enable expansion to 70 employees should the need arise.13.
19. Craigslist monitors millions of submissions a day, and merely checking for unsuitable or questionable content might require an entire army of staff. In contrast to this, the company has long employed an innovative flagging system that allows community members to serve as the first line of defense against harmful content. A post can be flagged by any Craigslist user if they believe it is in violation of the site’s rules and regulations. The site automatically removes posts that have been marked a specific number of times or meet a set of criteria. Anyone can raise a red flag without having to sign in, and the individual who does so will remain completely anonymous.
Conclusion: Craigslist Statistics
If you’re thinking about signing up for Craigslist, these numbers should be helpful. Posting classified advertising in a variety of company categories has never been easier thanks to this well-respected and reliable web resource. When it comes to working online, Craigslist can help you get the best deals and make a nice living.