Table of Contents
What is Copyscape?
Copyscape is an internet screening software for plagiarism that looks for similar text material on the Internet. In 2004 it was launched by the Indigo Stream technology ltd.
Copyscape is a tool used by the content owners to detect “content theft” or the copying of content from one site to another without authorization.
Publishers of content also utilize it to detect incidences of plagiarism.
Why do People Require Copyscape Substitutes?
Copyscape is a well-known plagiarism exposure program that has been around for a long time. It’s quick, and it can discover fake content in seconds, if not minutes.
As a result, it has amassed a sizable user base over the course of its existence. Its popularity, however, does not imply that it is without flaws.
Copyscape users have a slew of concerns, the most common of which are:
- Expensive- Copyscape is one of the most costly monitoring services offered for duplication. In consequence, many people cannot utilize it, because it is outside their budgetary grasp.
- Not accurate- Many users have complained that Copyscape does not thoroughly scan all sources. Plagiarism persists despite the fact that content has passed through software.
- Easily manipulative– Plagiarized text can be hidden simply by changing a word, according to users. This indicates that by merely changing a word or two, one can get away with plagiarized text.
Here are Some Alternatives When Used Together are just Effective as Copyscape:
A sophisticated plagiarism detector that also serves as a reference helper. While this application isn’t as well-known as the others on the list, it offers some incredible professional capabilities.
Quetext lacks grammar and style checking, similar to comparable applications like or Prowriting aid.
It comes with color-coded feedback to help you discover duplicate matches quickly. This is a fantastic function that allows you to rapidly identify plagiarized content.
The PRO edition, on the other hand, unlocks additional great capabilities such as Deep Search, which is a technique employed by the majority of reliable plagiarism detectors.
French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Arabic, and Russian are among the languages supported by Quetext.
Quetext is available in a limited free version. Only 2500 words per month are allowed to be checked. A free plan does not allow you to export reports.
- No limits to the number of searches for 25,000 keywords (with the premium version)
- Multiple uploads, as well as a PDF report detailing the proportion of material that has been copied
- Exclusionary aspects of sources (to skip testing their own previous work)
Pricing– The paid version is $9.99 per month.
The disadvantage is that, unlike its competitors, Quetext does not provide a yearly subscription plan through which you can save money.
ProWritingAid is a fantastic checking tool as well as a powerful defensive barrier against plagiarism.
The function has a large database and is good at finding text similarities. It supports a variety of writing styles in order to provide you with the finest recommendations.
Thesaurus is a fantastic option for individuals who write a lot. If you produce comparable forms of material, you will be able to improve your vocabulary and text variety.
As Copyscape, you wouldn’t have to purchase credit beforehand and then utilize it for a specific quantity of words. Simple Premium and Premium Plus subscriptions are available from ProWritingAid. ProwritingAid is a more economical alternative to Copyscape in terms of cost.
- Talented authors, such as screenwriters and novelists, will benefit the most.
- Like Grammarly, ProWritingAid works with Google Docs (so if you’re like me and use Google Docs a lot, this is for you!)
- Corrects flaws with your writer’s style.
- Ambient glossary and phrase analyzer
Pricing- Access all their customization options, including the Windows App and software integrations, for just $52.50 a year.
The Premium features plus a plagiarism checker, Premium Plus plans (starting at $60/year) are available.
Grammarly is the best checking tool available on the internet for plagiarism. Grammarly can simply verify over 205 distinct kinds of grammatical problems, as well as 8 billion websites. It allows you to create material that is grammatically correct and free of errors.
Grammarly is a useful tool for improving one’s vocab; content creators, academics, instructors, and experts all use it. Grammarly comes in two versions: a free edition with limited functionality and a paid version with more functionality.
The premium edition, on the other hand, takes it to the next level by including features such as writing profiles, plagiarism checkers, and much more powerful capabilities for more effective checking grammatical problems.
The free version includes tools like spell-checking, a style checker, and many others.
Also Read: Grammarly Ratings & Review
- Serves as a grammar checker and proofreader.
- Tries to avoid the use of unnecessary words.
- Examines both primary and secondary voices. Rewrites the text within seconds
- It compares your material with 8 billion web pages.
- Online (as a browser extension), MS Word Add-in, and mobile applications are also available.
Pricing- Grammarly yearly membership for $11.66. It will cost $29.95 per month for the monthly billing cycle.
PlagTracker is yet another free plagiarism checker that will help you survive unique. It’s an excellent plagiarism checker. To start the duplication check, just type the content into the box and click the button.
PlagTracker boasts a sizable database. It analyzes your content against billions of other pages on the internet.
A paid version of this utility is also available, which allows you to verify documents and text without needing to wait. You may also use a number of services, including file upload, API access, data check, and correct grammar.
PlagTracker results are not trustworthy enough to be utilized with confidence for crucial functions where plagiarism is strictly forbidden.
PlagTracker also has paid subscriptions with more functionality. You may upload documents in different formats for scanning against duplications.
- Heavy database is available for research.
- Works in multiple languages.
- With the free tool one can access around 5000 words for plagiarism checking.
Pricing- As little as $7.45 each month.
The disadvantage is that even having easy accessibility, their free version can occasionally give false information.
If you’re searching for a plagiarism detection software that’s completely free, DupliChecker is now at par with the best. This tool provides you with one search query without requiring you to register. You should create a free account to use this tool in the future.
You can manually enter the text to be checked at a later time. Alternatively, you can submit a document in Doc or Docx format.
It also includes several other free utilities in addition to this functionality. Plagiarism checkers and anti-plagiarism banners are among those solutions that deal with content plagiarism.
- Perfect for detecting duplication and spun material in blog posts and outsourced publications.
- Apps for Mac, Android, and iOS are available.
- There will be 1000-word searches.
Pricing- There are no monthly membership fees or sample trials. It’s completely free.
Although Copyscape’s free plagiarism analyzer was limited to using URLs only, Plagiarisma’s free plan has no such limitations. You may examine your material by copying the URL, loading from Google Disk, or uploading from a shared drive.
It can handle practically every file format, so you won’t have any trouble uploading a document.
They have a basic Grammar checker in addition to plagiarism checks. Although Plagiarisma is an expert proofreading program similar to Grammarly, it may be beneficial for email writing and shorter paragraphs.
The basic tool is useful for locating copied content but the premium plan improves your grammatical error in the text. It accepts a wide range of file types, including word files, or be it in a pdf form.
- Database access is unrestricted.
- Enter the URL of a live blog post (to check for duplicate content) or upload files that are supported.
- There is no restriction on the amount of text if you upgrade to premium.
- Over 190 languages are supported.
Pricing- They charge $8 a day for 100 searches. You just have to pay $25 once for a three-month subscription, and you may do an infinite number of searches.
It’s fantastic. It doesn’t just scan the website’s content or the specified text.
CopyGator protects you from material scrapers by evaluating your feed on a regular basis and notifying you when somebody has duplicated and republished your material somewhere.
You must put the CopyGator logo on your site or blog if you want the tool to constantly detect plagiarism.
- It examines the supplied URL’s RSS feed. Check for plagiarism and return the document.
- CopyGator will monitor content duplication (of old and new articles) across the blogosphere if you enter a specific feed (your site’s, for example).
- Add a free color-changing badge to your site to inform you when someone steals or duplicates your material.
Pricing- This service is completely free, but you should include the CopyGator symbol on your website.
8. Plagiarism Checker
If there is any plagiarism in any of the sentences, an alert will appear.
It will automate the process of searching each of your pieces of writing in Google.
To check for plagiarism, you may either type in the text or upload a file containing the content. It will deliver the results later, indicating if the text is original or has already been plagiarized.
This program will compare two versions of the same piece of text and tell you how much of it is plagiarized. You can also look at the plagiarized content’s links.
- Upload a URL or a file in a supported format.
- Make sure your text isn’t plagiarized (up to 1000 words at a time)
- The proportion of plagiarized material, portions with duplicated text, and connections to authentic sources are all displayed by the plagiarism detector.
- It’s simple for novices to check their blog articles on a regular basis and see where they’ve been scraped by content scrapers all around the world.
Pricing- It is free of cost.
- How To Benchmark Your Android Device
- How To Fix The Google Play Store When It Constantly Force Closes
- How To Delete The U2 Album
Conclusion | Top Free Copyscape Alternatives To Fight Content Scrapers 2023
So, without a question, Copyscape is an excellent tool for detecting plagiarism, especially since you may view the plagiarism report without making an account simply utilizing the URL.
However, there are already a number of more economical and reliable plagiarism detectors on the market that may be used as Copyscape substitutes.
ProwritingAid and Grammarly are fantastic to use if you’re looking for all-in-one plagiarism checking and proofreading application. Hopefully, the list of alternatives to Copyscape presented in this post is comprehensive.
Please share and comment if you found this useful.