Wondering how Google Trends can help your SEO research? Keep reading to learn about all the ways you can use this powerful tool.
Google Trends is a free online tool that lets users see how often particular terms are being searched for on the internet. While the tool is primarily used by journalists and marketing professionals to track changes in public opinion, it can also be a valuable resource for SEO researchers.
By understanding how Google Trends works and how to use it effectively, you can gain invaluable insights into which keywords are being used most frequently and where demand for certain products or services is highest.
Armed with this information, you can optimize your website content and AdWords campaigns to make sure they’re reaching the right people at the right time.
Table of Contents
How to Use Google Trends for SEO Research
There are a number of different ways you can use Google Trends to support your SEO research. Here are just a few of the things you can do with this tool:
Find out which keywords are being used most frequently: To see how popular a particular keyword is, simply enter it into the Google Trends search bar and hit enter.
You’ll be presented with a line graph showing how interest in that keyword has fluctuated over time. The data comes from Google’s global network of web searches, so it’s an accurate representation of worldwide search activity.
Determine where demand for a certain product or service is highest: If you’re selling products or services in multiple countries, it’s important to know where demand is highest so you can focus your marketing efforts accordingly.
With Google Trends, you can compare search volume across regions to get a better understanding of where your target market is located. Simply enter your keyword(s) into the “compare regions” tool and select up to five different countries or regions for comparison.
Find out what time of year interest in your topic spikes: This information can be incredibly useful for planning content marketing campaigns around seasonal trends.
To find out when people are searching for your keyword(s), click on the “Interest over time” tab after entering them into the search bar. Then, click on the “Seasonality” drop-down menu to see when searches for that term typically peak.
One of the most common uses for Google Trends is keyword research. To use this feature, simply enter a keyword or phrase into the search bar and hit “enter.” You’ll then see a graph detailing how often that term has been searched for over time. The interesting thing about this data is that it’s normalized, which means that it’s adjusted for factors like population growth and changes in internet usage. This makes it an ideal tool for comparing keyword volumes over time.
Analyze Competitor Keywords:
In addition to researching your own keywords, you can also use Google Trends to spy on your competitors. Simply enter the URL of a competitor’s website into the search bar and hit “enter.” You’ll then see a list of the terms that people have searched for most often on that website. This can be valuable data when you’re trying to understand what keywords your competitors are targeting. It can also help you to find new keywords to target yourself.
Monitor Seasonality of Keywords:
Another great use for Google Trends is monitoring the seasonality of keywords. To do this, simply enter a keyword into the search bar and then click on “seasonality” in the menu above the graph.
This will show you how often that term is being searched for at different times of the year. This information can be useful when planning content around seasonal themes or events.
Google Trends can also be used to find related keywords. To do this, simply enter a keyword into the search bar and then click on “related queries” in the menu above the graph.
This will show you a list of other terms that people have searched for alongside your chosen keyword. This information can be useful when you’re trying to brainstorm new keywords to target or when you’re trying to understand how people are searching for your product or service online.
Track Changes in Search Volume:
Finally, Google Trends can be used to track changes in search volume over time. To do this, simply enter a keyword into the search bar and then click on “interest over time” in the menu above the graph.
This will show you how search volume has changed for that keyword over time. This information can be useful when you’re trying to track trends or understand how changes in popular culture have affected public interest in your product or service.
More Ways To Use Google Trends for SEO Research
1) Enter your keyword into the search bar and hit enter.
2) On the next page, you will see a line graph that shows how often that keyword has been searched for over time.
3) Below the line graph, you will see a list of related terms. These are terms that are often searched for along with your keyword.
4) At the top of the page, you will see a drop-down menu where you can select the country, region, or city whose data you’d like to view.
5) You can also select different time frames using the second drop-down menu. For example, you could choose to view data from the past month, past year, or even from 2004-present.
6) To compare the popularity of two or more terms, simply enter them into the search bar separated by commas. For example, if you wanted to compare the popularity of “SEO” and “PPC”, you would enter “SEO, PPC” into the search bar.
7) Once you’ve entered your search terms and chosen your desired options from the drop-down menus, click “Search Trends”.
8) On the next page, you will see line graphs comparing the popularity of your two terms over time. The term with the higher volume of searches will be shown in blue and the term with a lower volume of searches will be shown in red.
9) You can also view this information in table form by clicking “See Full Table” at the bottom of the page.
10) To export this data into a spreadsheet so that you can further analyze it, click “Download Data” at the top right of the page.”
- 5 SEO Trends to Leverage
- How to Make Digital Stickers To Sell
- Top 5 Digital Skills to Learn
- 5 Tips for Building a Better Sales Page
- How To Add Google Adsense To WordPress Blogs
Conclusion: Google Trends and SEO
As you can see, there are many different ways you can use Google Trends to support your SEO research. By understanding how this tool works and using it effectively, you can gain valuable insights into which keywords are being used most frequently and where demand for certain products or services is highest. Armed with this information, you can optimize your website content and AdWords campaigns to make sure they’re reaching the right people at the right time.