In this article we have featured Is GeneratePress A Good Theme? I first discovered GeneratePress in the WordPress repository. I’m very picky about web performance, so I tend to ignore everything in the repository.
Usually, because a lot of the content isn’t all that great or isn’t supported for very long. In this case, however, that was a mistake. The theme has over 2.8 million downloads, 300,000+ active installations, and over 1,000 5-star ratings. Tom is obviously doing something right.
GeneratePress is a multipurpose WordPress theme that can be tailored to any website niche. According to WordPress.org, GeneratePress is active on over 100,000 sites and has a fantastic 5-star rating from over 692 reviews. The GeneratePress theme is completely free.
There is also a GeneratePress Premium version. GeneratePress Premium is technically a plugin that must be installed in addition to the free theme. It adds even more functionality to the theme. checkout our latest GeneratePress Review for more details.
Is GeneratePress A Good Theme?
GeneratePress is an excellent choice for performance-driven users who want complete control over the appearance of their website. GeneratePress can be made to do almost anything.
And, because GeneratePress is focused on performance, the site you create will be built on a solid foundation that will allow it to load quickly. As a result, people who build WordPress websites for a living adore GeneratePress. They’ll usually pair it with a WordPress page builder and use it for almost any type of website.
Optimized Performance and Quick Page Loading
GeneratePress always prioritizes performance and clean code in all of its features. The entire theme is less than 30 kB, which is about as small as a WordPress theme gets. Even the majority of other optimized WordPress themes are 200+ kB. Some poorly coded themes can even exceed 1 MB in size!
GeneratePress also has no code dependencies, allowing you to avoid the render-blocking error that Google Pagespeed Insights frequently mentions.
How does GeneratePress manage to be so quick?
The GeneratePress template code is compact and minimalist, employing best practices in coding and a minimalist design to reduce overhead. In fact, when installed, the entire theme is only 30kb, which is significantly less than the average WordPress theme.
On wordpress.org, GeneratePress has over 3,000,000 downloads, 300,000 active websites, and 70,000 satisfied customers. This is one of the quickest and most highly rated multipurpose WordPress themes available.
Why Is GeneratePress A Good Theme?
Modules are only available if you purchase the GeneratePress Premium plugin. These modules can be activated or deactivated based on your requirements. I’ll go over what each one does below…
- Backgrounds – Include background images and options in your site’s elements.
- Blog – Featured image controls, columns and masonry, infinite scroll, and other features.
- Colors – Use over 60 color options to customize the look of your website.
- Replace the copyright message at the bottom of your website.
- Disable Elements – Turn off various theme elements on individual pages.
- Elements – Dynamic page heroes, a powerful hook system, and customizable theme layouts.
- Menu Plus includes sticky navigation, off-canvas navigation, a mobile header, and other features.
- Secondary Navigation – Include second navigation with all of the same options as the primary.
- Backgrounds – The Backgrounds module will define a common feature that many of the GeneratePress Elements will use. This module allows you to easily set image backgrounds to various WordPress elements without having to write CSS (which is a common feature).
- Blog – When you enable the Blog module, your GeneratePress site’s Single and Archive layout options become easily editable without having to write a single line of CSS.
- Colors – Using the Colors module, you can easily change the colors of your background, copy, and links. In addition to choosing a color, you can also change the opacity.
Conclusion: Is GeneratePress A Good Theme?
You may be wondering if GeneratePress is the right choice for your website after reading this GeneratePress review.
This theme features a clean, structured grid system as well as a highly responsive interface. It’s also highly customizable, and thanks to a plethora of demo designs and pre-made page and article layouts, you don’t need coding skills to create something unique.
According to our research, GeneratePress is our TOP #1 WordPress theme, and you won’t go wrong with it. They accept credit card and PayPal payments.