In this article, we have featured OptimizePress vs Leadpages, What is the number one reason that online ventures fail? You could have the best deals, perfect SEO optimization, and backlinks to every popular network to attract visitors to your website. All of the above can only get you so far.
But none of that will matter if you cyber visitors just won’t stay long enough to understand your ideas. Your website ranking will go lower as your bounce rates go through the roof.
This is a nightmare scenario that no one wants to be in. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s probably because you have a terrible or no landing page.
Landing pages are the glue that lets your visitor stick around to know more & possibly invest in your ideas.
They are the last piece of the puzzle to take your website from an unknown to a brand name. Here, we will look at two such tools, OptimizePress & Leadpages.
OptimizePress vs Leadpages: Overview
OptimizePress and Leadpages are web tools that allow you to build enticing landing pages that will get the job done. The best thing is, that you don’t need to be a web developer to build a profitable landing page.
Save yourself the trouble of learning to code or looking for developers to brainstorm your ideal designs with.
Both OptimizePress & Leadpages will let you build a landing page in double the time at half the rate. They are a boon for non-techies trying to make it big in the digital world.
Created a decade ago, OptimizePress is one of the oldest landing page builders out there. OptimizePress landing page builder is made exclusively for WordPress, which is fine since most of the websites now run on WordPress.
Several integration opportunities can be used to further your reach & increase your revenue. Also, OptimizePress is one of the cheapest landing page builders available in the market today.
Starting in 2012 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Leadpages quickly gained a reputation as one of the most effective landing page builders. Leadpages is an independent landing page creator that can build landing pages for any website.
Their user-friendliness and a huge selection of templates have made them a favorite among modern-day marketers.
They also provide a lot of unique features that set them apart from the competition. We have featured an in-depth Leadpages review to help you get detailed insights into it.
Leadpages vs. OptimizePress: Popular Landing page creator tools
I’ll compare the two tools in a few key areas so that you can decide which one is the greatest fit for your particular scenario and needs.
|Platform||Only Works With WordPress||Independent Landing Page Creator|
|Pricing||One Time Payment||Pay monthly or yearly|
|Mailing List Integration||YES||YES|
|A/B Split Testing||YES||YES|
|Usability||Steep Learning Curve||Ease of Use|
|Flexibility||For Membership Sites||For Multi-Platform|
|Ownership||You Own Your Pages||You Can Lose Your Pages if You Cancel Your Subscription|
What Can These Tools Do?
The primary objective of Leadpages, OptimizePress, and ClickFunnels is to provide you with the tools necessary to build sales or landing pages that have a high conversion rate so that you can advertise offerings to your audience.
You can use the appropriate form of the landing page to advertise any offer you can think of, including tangible and digital goods and services, live events such as webinars, invitations to join your email list, and more.
Leadpages, OptimizePress, and ClickFunnels all provide templates that can be fully customized by the user, which can assist you in developing the ideal landing page for your project.
You can also perform A/B testing on your landing pages to see which layouts perform the best in relation to both your target demographic and the product that you are pushing.
All three of these tools, OptimizePress, Leadpages, and ClickFunnels, integrate with payment processors and auto-responders, which enables you to create a seamless user experience beginning with a prospect’s first visit to your page and continuing through the completion of a payment or subscription goal.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a powerful tool to improve your conversion rates, whether you’re promoting your own products, acting as an affiliate, or offering some other opportunity to your audience, Leadpages, OptimizePress, and ClickFunnels have been built specifically for this purpose.
OptimizePress vs Leadpages: Key Features & Benefits
The live editor function will allow users to customize templates in real-time. Changes made will be reflected immediately without refreshing pages.
They have their own membership portals. This will save you from having to spend money on third-party membership portal tools.
WordPress theme & plugin format
They are perfect for WP websites as they are built exclusively for WordPress. They also provide a free WordPress theme along with the page builder.
OptimizePress has an inbuilt shopping cart to allow customers to add your products to their cart. This is a boon if you have a decent selection of products & services to offer.
Content drip feeding
A powerful method to keep your visitors engaged in your content. This is done by giving out content little by little to add value to your matter.
This allows you to build an email list around any exciting new offers to increase curiosity among your visitors. This is a proven tactic to turn your views into conversions.
- Visual website optimizer
This is a hard-fought round. But Leadpages clinches this bout by providing more enticing features than OptimizePress.
OptimizePress vs Leadpages: Security | Which Is More Secure?
There is a lot of data being transferred & stored in landing page builders. Hence, it becomes crucial to ensure data security. The valuable data provided by you is of paramount importance & any loss or theft could be disastrous for your business. The various data stored by landing page builders are:
- Communication data – includes emails, texts, social media messages
- Customer data – Billing address, phone number, credit card details, etc.
- User data – This includes data from websites or other online services usage.
- Technical data – This consists of IP address, browser details, duration of website visits, time zones, etc.
- Marketing data – This includes all the market data about how you prefer advertisements or other marketing content.
OptimizePress complies with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) policies to keep all your data confidential.
The data which are entered into OptimizePress has been stored on their servers. These are the measures taken by OptimizePress to keep your valuable data secure:
- Sharing of data is allowed only between trusted third-party software.
- All points of connectivity in the OptimizePress network are protected by firewalls.
- Any potential loopholes in network systems are fixed instantly.
- Any suspected breach of personal data will be brought to your attention immediately.
Leadpages complies with GDPR & CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) to keep all your data secure and confidential. The measures taken by Leadpages to keep your data safe & secure are listed:
- Leadpages will never sell your data to anyone.
- All pages in their servers are secured with SSL & HTTPS protocols.
- All data security features will be extended to your customers as well.
- Cookie consent from visitors is mandatory for storing their information.
- They minimize security risks through regular testing & thorough risk assessment.
Not much to choose from here. Both OptimizePress & Leadpages are neck and neck when it comes to providing data security.
Split Testing- OptimizePress vs Leadpages
You may do A/B testing for your pages using another OptimizePress Experiments plug-in. This comes with a Live-Editor tool that allows you to make adjustments in real-time as the conversions change.
You can keep track of how many people visit your page, how many variants are being tested, conversion rates, and unique visitors.
Split testing is another feature of Leadpages that allows you to determine your audience’s preferences. A split test compares variants of one component, such as a headline, to a traditional split test.
Multivariate tests, in which a lot of distinct variables are compared at the same time, are possible using Leadpages. A design, an image, or even text can be used.
You may use OptimizePress to add tracking scripts to any page. These websites might be social networking sites such as Facebook or advertising platforms such as Google Adwords.
These scripts may also be used to collect data on visits and conversions on your own websites and blog posts.
When you create a page using Leadpages, analytics are conducted automatically. Your page visits, purchases, and departures will be monitored and shown in a graphical format for your convenience.
OptimizePress vs Leadpages: Ease-of-use
OptimizePress is not the most user-friendly tool in the world. It offers a lot of options which can be quite confusing to beginners. But you shouldn’t have a problem with it if you are used to WordPress.
Setting up pages is easy with their drag and drop option. They also provide a free video demo to show you the basics.
Apart from that, they also contain plenty of documentation in their blog to help you get started. Listed below are some of the areas which are described in detail in the OptimizePress blog:
- Installing the OptimizePress dashboard plugin
- Adding header & footer to your landing pages
- Initiating license key
- Selecting templates
- Optimizing dashboard plugin
- Building your first page
- Integrating with various tools
And many more.
Leadpages, while providing a whole bunch of features, remains easy to use. They have a very user-friendly interface that will make creating landing pages feel so effortless.
Leadpages also provides you with detailed articles on their blog on how to get started. Apart from blog posts, they also contain detailed videos & podcasts to help you get started.
And you can always contact their support staff if you get stuck somewhere. Listed below are some of the areas which are described in detail in the Leadpages blog:
- Template selection
- Editing page contents
- Adding & editing widgets
- Setting up an opt-in form
- Publishing the final page
- Developing an attractive campaign
Both landing page builders are a joy to work with. But Leadpages wins this round by being less congested & simpler as compared to OptimizePress.
OptimizePress vs Leadpages: Pricing Plans
OptimizePress used to have an enticing one-time payment plan. But they scrapped it for price-per-year plans with a three-tier pricing system. The purchasing plans vary with the number of websites and advanced features. It starts with an Essential plan at $99 annually for unlimited web pages to be used only for one website.
There are 20 premium integrations and over 100 templates available with the basic plan. Additional premium plugins like OptimizeUrgency & OptimizeCheckouts are available with business and suite package plans.
- Essential plan – Can be used on 1 personal site at an expense of $99 a year. Includes over 100 templates and 20 integrations along with all basic features to build a landing page.
- Business plan – This package offers everything in the Essential plan for 5 personal sites at an expense of $149 annually. Additionally, they provide a premium plugin OptimizeUrgency and a course on how to sell your digital products.
- Suite plan – This offers everything in the Business plan for up to 20 personal websites at an expense of $199 annually. This also includes premium plugins like OptimizeFunnels, OptimizeLeads & OptimizeCheckouts.
All plans include plugin updates & email support, and also all future product updates will be made available. They also offer you a 100% 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not happy with the product.
There are commercial plans available for those who want to make a career out of building landing pages.
Leadpages has a very similar pricing structure compared to OptimizePress. They also have a three-tier pricing system that is either billed annually or monthly according to your preference.
The base plan starts at $25 a month and offers a free custom web domain and hosting for 1 website. This includes a host of other features like pop-ups, third-party integrations, templates, etc.
- Standard plan – Can be used on 1 site at an expense of $25 a month. Includes over 100 templates and 40 integrations along with all basic features to build a landing page. They also provide free web domain & hosting if you opt to get billed annually.
- Pro plan – This package offers everything in the Standard plan for 3 sites at an expense of $48 per month. It additionally provides A/B split testing, text message campaigns & the ability to sell products on the landing page.
- Advanced plan – This offers everything in the Pro plan for up to 50 websites at an expense of $199 annually. This plan also includes advanced integrations like Hubspot and Marketo.
All plans include mobile-responsive templates, 40+ integrations, real-time analytics, and email tech support. But only the Advanced plan furnishes you with telephonic tech support. They also provide a 14-day trial that is free of cost.
This is a no-brainer as Leadpages is way more expensive than OptimizePress. Leadpages start at $300 annually compared to $99 for OptimizePress and that is why OptimizePress wins this round.
Which Landing Page Creator Should You Choose?
Both creators have advantages. For the vast majority of instances, there is no clear winner. But, if you’re still unconvinced, consider the following:
If you’re using WordPress and don’t mind spending a bit more time on your landing pages, I recommend OptimizePress. It’s less expensive, has a similar selection of paid layouts, and you’ll own your landing pages in perpetuity.
Leadpages, on the other hand, is the best option if you require a tool that works with platforms other than WordPress or simply want the quickest way to produce stunning landing pages.
You’ll pay extra, but you’ll get the finest interface possible. If you upgrade to a more expensive plan, you’ll receive integrated A/B testing, which will help you boost your conversion rates even further.
OptimizePress vs Leadpages: Pros & Cons
- Very affordable license plan starting at $99. One of the cheapest landing page options available
- Vast selection of around 300+ templates. Fit for every need.
- Seamless one-click integration with a whole lot of software like AWeber, Drip, Emma, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, etc. Tools to extend your market reach
- Comes with a membership plugin. Create membership sites without third-party tools.
- The pages you create with OptimizePress will stay with you even if you cancel their subscription.
- Leadpages has a very user-friendly drag & drop interface. Even a newbie can create a landing page within minutes.
- Leadpages supplies you with an option for text message opt-ins. Promote your business more with this unique feature
- An extensive selection of templates in the template marketplace. Over 100+ unique templates are available for your needs.
- Amazing support staff to provide answers for any queries you may have. Support includes email, live chat & phone line.
- Outdated user interface & steeper learning curve. The landing page builder is difficult to use compared to newer page builders.
- Slow-moving plugin updates. The updates necessary to fix bugs in OptimizePress can come a lot faster.
- Inadequate support staff. Mixed reviews on the response of the support team & they only provide email support.
- Presence of shortcodes. The shortcodes left behind can be difficult to clean up if you ever decide to leave OptimizePress.
- Very expensive. The monthly charges can take quite a toll on your wallet and makes it difficult for start-ups to use it.
- Limited trial period. The 14-day free trial is not enough to go through all the features. This could be extended.
- Integration difficulties. The integrations could go more smoothly as a lot of customers are complaining about problematic integrations.
Flexibility — Leadpages for MPP, OptimizePress for MSP
This portion is difficult to judge. Both services are flexible and inflexible. The fact that Leadpages is platform-independent is great news for non-WordPress users. It works with any web system. If you don’t have a website, Leadpages can host your landing pages for you.
But if you want to design more than just landing pages, OptimizePress is for you. It features a wizard to assist you set up a complete sales funnel. While Leadpages allows you to create a sales funnel, it isn’t as simple.
Leadpages wins for multi-platform. OptimizePress excels with sales funnels and membership sites.
Which Landing Page Builder Is Best?
Both creators benefit. In most cases, there is no clear winner. If you’re still unsure, here’s my overall take:
For WordPress users ready to invest more effort in their landing pages, I recommend OptimizePress. It’s cheaper, has more paid layouts, and you own your landing pages forever.
Leadpages is the best choice if you require a solution that works with different platforms than WordPress or just want to develop attractive landing pages quickly.
You’ll spend more, but get the best interface. The most expensive options include integrated A/B testing to boost conversion rates even further.
Leadpages User Reviews
Optimizepress User Reviews
Leadpages On Facebook
Leadpages On LinkedIn
Leadpages On Twitter
What do you do when the future of your business is put at risk? Answer: You pivot.
— Leadpages® (@Leadpages) April 9, 2021
Optimizepress On Facebook
Optimizepress On Twitter
— OptimizePress® (@optimizepress) April 1, 2021
FAQs Related To OptimizePress vs Leadpages
🎉Is Leadpages easy to use?
Absolutely! Leadpages, while providing a whole bunch of features, remains easy to use. They have a very user-friendly interface that will make creating landing pages feel so effortless. Leadpages also provides you with detailed articles on their blog on how to get started. Apart from blog posts, they also contain detailed videos & podcasts to help you get started. And you can always contact their support staff if you get stuck somewhere.
🥇 Does OptimizePress have a one-time payment plan?
No. OptimizePress used to have an enticing one-time payment plan. But they scrapped it for price-per-year plans with a three-tier pricing system. The purchasing plans vary with the number of websites and advanced features. It starts with an Essential plan at $99 annually for unlimited web pages to be used only for one website.
✅Which among OptimizePress & Leadpages is more suited for businesses?
Leadpages are more suited for business uses as they provide a wider range of support & more features. Leadpages also provide more security and data privacy. However, all these make Leadpages much more expensive than OptimizePress.
OptimizePress vs Leadpages 2022: The Final Verdict
Leadpages wins the battle of landing page builders by winning most of the rounds. Leadpages might be expensive, but it provides excellent value for money.
However, OptimizePress is a great page builder to start with as it is the most affordable option available. Nonetheless, we positively recommend Leadpages as they are vastly superior to OptimizePress in almost every other facet.